Yesterday’s Solutions Don’t Meet the Challenges of Today
Popular wound care products like Neosporin and other triple-antibiotic ointments were developed over 60 years ago. Since that time, overuse of antibiotics has rendered these treatments inadequate against modern threats. Many of these new strains can turn a simple cut or scrape into a devastating infection. Simply put, the products of yesterday were not designed to fight today’s threats.
- Bacteria have adapted to antibiotic overuse and become resistant. New antiobiotic-resistant bacteria like MRSA have emerged, making antibiotics deficient as a treatment option
- These new bacteria can turn a simple cut or scrape into a difficult-to-treat infection
- Antibiotics are meant to treat, not prevent. Applying antibiotics to prevent infection actually makes bacteria resistant to antibiotics.
- Even after onset of infection, triple antibiotics are only effective for 24 hours, requiring frequent application.
- The active ingredients of antibiotics are not naturally derived and are known to cause allergic reactions in some people.
The BANDA-SiL® Difference
Combatting today’s antibiotic-resistant strains requires non- antibiotic solutions that are not subject to bacterial resistance. Ag21 Complex, the patented active ingredient in BANDA-SiL, combines the well-established antimicrobial properties of silver with a naturally occurring polymer into a unique molecule that provides a safe, highly effective wound care advancement.
- Ag21 Complex is not an antibiotic, and there is no known bacterial resistance
- Ag21 Complex has been scientifically proven to kill MRSA and other antibiotic-resistant bacteria in vitro
- Unlike triple antibiotics, BANDA-SiL acts as a protectant that can last for up to 3 days.
- BANDA-SiL is child-safe, and hypoallergenic.
- The active ingredients in Ag21 Complex are naturally derived and non-toxic.